• 1 Package Instant Polenta*
• 6 Oz Pancetta cut into ¼” pieces*
• 1 lb. mixed mushrooms – Sliced thick
• 2 lb. head savoy cabbage (core removed) – sliced 1/3” thick
• 1/3 cup extra Virgin olive oil*
• ½ cup sliced garlic cloves (app. 7-8 cloves)
• ½-1 tsp. peperoncini (hot pepper flakes)* or to taste
• 1 tsp. salt
• 1 ¼ cup vegetable or chicken broth or water
Pour olive oil into heavy bottom pot. Add garlic and Pancetta and cook until garlic slightly colors and Pancetta is starting to crisp. Add Peporoncini and stir it in letting it cook a few minutes to release flavor and then add mushrooms and cabbage. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and stir all in to incorporate. Cover pot and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Continue cooking for about 45 minutes to 1 hour stirring every so often to make sure nothing is sticking to bottom of the pot and adding ½ cup of broth or water to the pot whenever vegetables seem to be getting dry.
Uncover the pot and cook for an additional 30 to 45 minutes until the cabbage is completely soft.
Cook Polenta according to package directions. Turn out onto large platter. Put a serving in each dish and pour Cabbage Sauce over all.
*Available at the Market